Hello Barrows Families!
We have been so impressed with all of the reading that is taking place at home as part of this year’s read-a-thon! If things keep going like this, there is no way we won’t make it to our goal of 150,000 minutes read collectively as a school! In fact, we are pretty sure we are on track to blow last year’s record out of the water!! With this in mind, we are asking for donations of duct tape to help make our celebration assembly a shining success. As we enter our final week:
· Any rolls of duct tape your family would be willing to donate would be greatly appreciated and can be sent to school with your child. We will have a box in the office to collect donations starting this Friday, March 25th.
· Wednesday, March 30th will be the last day we collect reading logs from students.
· Donations can be sent in at any time, but we are hoping to have them all collected by Monday, April 4th at the latest.
· Zinga! has been kind enough to offer an extra reading incentive for our Shining Stars. Any student who reads at least 100 minutes will be given a gift certificate for 4 free ounces of frozen yogurt from their Reading location. A special thanks to Zinga! for this sweet incentive!
· If you feel your child should be recognized in the 100 or 500 minutes read club and they have not seen their name shared at school yet, please reach out to Sarah or Colleen (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com). Your child’s classroom teacher does not have access to recorded minutes, but we do and are happy to help!
· A big thank you to our Book Fair co-chairs who have donated over a dozen books to be raffled off to students at our celebration assembly. During the week leading up to our celebration on April 4th, students will be given a raffle ticket for every reading log submitted (up to 4 possible tickets total). Their teachers will arrange a time for them to visit the lobby and enter their tickets to win the book of their choice.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to either one of us with any read-a-thon questions you may have.
Mrs. DeRosa and Mrs. Lanzo