Tuesday, August 25, 2015

More New Barrows Staff to share:

Andrew Herlihy, 5th grade teacher
"I'll be teaching 5th grade writing and math this year at the Barrows Elementary School and am beyond excited to get the year started.  Upon completing my elementary education degree at Stonehill College, I started working with elementary and middle school students doing intervention work through after school programs.  During my 9 years working with all types of students, I was able to complete my master's of arts in teaching as well as my principal/assistant principal certification.  Last year, I was a tutor here at the Barrows School and got to work with so many students who worked so hard to accomplish their goals.  I love that I now live and work in the same area where family, friends, great students and their families are.  I am looking forward to a fantastic school year and can't wait to get started."


Marissa Holt, 5th grade teacher
"I am so very excited to begin my new position as a fifth grade teacher here at the school! I graduated in 2012 with a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Physiology and shortly after realized my heart was set on working with children. I completed my Masters degree at Northeastern University and my teaching practicum in a 2nd grade classroom at the Vinson-Owen School in Winchester. Last year I taught 6th grade Physical Science and 8th Grade Robotics at Coolidge Middle School, it was a great experience but I missed teaching in an elementary school. Outside of the classroom you will find me gardening in my raised bed organic vegetable garden, playing with my very feisty five pound Yorkshire Terrier Elton, and planning my October wedding with my fiancĂ©. I’m looking forward to the upcoming year and hopefully many more at Barrows and am so happy to be a member of such a wonderful community!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment