Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Introducing some of our new Barrows staff!

I am excited to announce and welcome some our new Barrows staff for the 2015-2016 school year!  (Coming soon... more introductions of our new staff members!)

 
Julie Gilchrist, 3rd grade Teacher
I have lived in Reading for the past 17 years with my husband, two girls and more recently Chloe the dog. Olivia is 13 and going into 8th grade at Coolidge and Sophia is 10 and going into 5th grade at Birch Meadow. I began teaching in 2009 after earning my Masters from Lesley University. Prior to education, I spent 12 years working in human resources in downtown Boston. I taught for 5 years at the Greenwood School in Wakefield teaching first, second and third grades. Last year my family moved to San Jose, California for a year due to a relocation for my husband’s job. We had an amazing yearlong adventure and I enjoyed going on field trips and volunteering in Sophia’s classroom. Now I’m ready to be back in the classroom and excited to become part of the Barrows community!

 
Bethany Granoth, Kindergarten Teacher
“To tell you a little bit about myself, I live in Amesbury with my husband, Karl, and my kitty, Duchess. My husband and I met working on board Carnival Cruise Lines as a singer and a dancer back in 2006. We were fortunate enough to travel together for nearly eight years as part of our careers at sea and loved every second of it.

In January of 2013 I decided to go back to school to pursue a career in education. Aside from my passion of singing, I have always had a unique connection with children and find it very easy to relate to them. This past May, I graduated from Gordon College with my Masters of Education in Early Childhood. During this time I worked as a paraprofessional in both the Amesbury and Topsfield school districts.
Filling this Kindergarten position at Barrows is a dream come true. I look forward to meeting you all and working with your incredible children!


Mary Spinosa-Haladay, Special Education Learning Center Teacher
My name is Mary Spinosa-Haladay. I am a graduate of the University of Massachusetts, Boston with a Masters degree in Education (Curriculum & Instruction) and a Masters in Special Education. Outside of work, my passions include exploring the cultures of other countries, working with shelter dogs, and spending time outdoors with my own furry friends, Buca and Bo.”

 
Lisa Cosseboom, Special Education Team Chairperson
Lisa has worked in education for 15 years in various roles. She has worked as a School Psychologist, Team Chairperson a­nd Out-of-District Coordinator. She lives with her 4-legged children – a Pit Bull mix named Keeno and Siamese cat, Gennie. ­­­ In her spare time, she LOVES volunteering at her local animal shelter, Lowell Humane Society, which she enjoys immensely = GOOD PEOPLE, Doing GOOD things! Lisa can also been seen in performing in local theater acting [ridiculously]. Lisa also values her time with her family & friends….enjoying golf, reading, and laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment