Dear Barrows Families,This week we are going fully electronic with our StarBurst, no paper copies to go home in backpacks due to our Snow Day today. This is an extended StarBurst, so be sure to check all 4 pages!
February Vacation is next week. Vacation is a great time for students to take a break, recharge, and enjoy time with their families and friends. Consider ways you can continue to support learning in a fun way with your children during this break:
· READ- Read together, have popcorn/pajamas reading days with a blanket fort, read magazines/novels/short stories/comics/plays/poems/picture books, read a book then watch the movie and discuss them.
· Play Games- Playing games together can develop many positive student skills and executive functioning skills including increasing focus and attention, stamina, turn-taking, strategic thinking, communication, problem solving, fine motor skills, and more.
· Play outside- Go outside, get physical exercise, tap into those creative fun activities that outdoor play encourages, and explore nature (winter is a great time for looking for animal tracks, changes in the landscape, the water cycle, and weather patterns.)
· Write- Write letters to family members, write stories or scripts to read together, write jokes or funny poems, or write goals for the remainder of the school year.
· Cook Together- Cooking is a great way to practice reading and following directions, use of math (measurement, time, fractions, etc.) and can bring in great conversations about health and wellness.
Please enjoy your vacation week and your time together.
~Heather Leonard, Principal
Click here for the rest of this month's StarBurst: http://www.edline.net/files/_xNKL3_/961db40ad5829d753745a49013852ec4/2-13-14.pdf