Friday, August 15, 2014

Ice Bucket Challenge

My family did the Ice Bucket Challenge this past week to support the awareness and fundraising campaign for ALS.  We completed the challenge and also donated to the cause.  I found it to be a great opportunity to talk with my girls about doing something to help others and sharing that with family and friends.  Did you or your family participate?  I would be excited to hear about how Barrows contributed to this cause or others.

Supporting causes outside of our day-to-day routines is great ways to expand the boundaries of awareness for our students.  It could be volunteer hours, time, or kind gestures... but it sets the expectation that we support others in our community.  I challenge the Barrows community to participate in a community service with your children.  It could be the Ice Bucket Challenge - or supporting any cause of your choice.  Have fun with it - and share your stories with me!

Check out our post-ice bucket dump picture below~

No comments:

Post a Comment